Contractors Insurance Humble, TX
At Lee Insurance Agency, we offer contractors a wide range of insurance coverage options for their businesses. Whether you want to protect your business from a worker’s comp claim, a claim for materials stolen from a work truck, or damages to a nearby business or home due to your construction, you need contractors’ insurance.
Contractors insurance isn’t one single insurance coverage. Rather, a contractors policy bundles several types of insurance coverages.
We evaluate your insurance risk and determine the insurance coverage your business needs, whether you work in HVAC, plumbing, roofing, electrical contracting, construction, or a similar industry.
What Is Contractors Insurance and Why Is It Important?
Contractors insurance typically includes general liability coverage, builder’s risk insurance, worker’s comp insurance, and other policies. A solid contractors policy should cover business operations, fleet vehicles, worker injuries, property damages, and equipment loss.
Insurance coverage for your business protects you if you damage a job site, an employee is injured on the job, or a customer files a lawsuit against you. With appropriate insurance coverage, you won’t have to shut down your contracting business if a customer, employee, subcontractor, or other party sues you for negligence. Even if a court case resolves in your favor, hiring a legal team and paying court costs could close your doors permanently.
What kind of contractors insurance should you have? Insurance policy needs will differ among contractors depending on the size of the business:
- Small contractors (trade contractors, 10 or fewer employees). You will need a business owners policy (BOP), which includes general liability insurance for contractors, property damage liability coverage, and tools and equipment coverage. You will also need separate worker’s compensation insurance.
- Medium contractors (50-200 employees, larger jobs). You may need to add coverage for cyber, inland marine, employment practices, and errors and omissions (E&O) insurance. It’s important to understand what different insurance companies will offer you in coverage compared to the insurance requirements your company may have had for previous jobs.
- Large contractors (200+ employees). Large contracting companies need the same types of insurance as medium contractors, with higher liability limits (the total amount an insurance company will pay for a claim).
What Are the Coverages?
At Lee Insurance Agency, we can help you build a custom contractors insurance package that best suits your needs, whether you’re a home remodeler, painter, handyman, carpenter, or general contractor. We can help you obtain your required and additional coverages to operate safely in Humble and the surrounding areas, including:
- General Liability Insurance. This operational insurance protects you from claims due to daily activities associated with your contracting business.
- Tools and Equipment Insurance. Protect hand tools valued under $500 with blanket coverage under your tools policy. Your equipment insurance will cover larger items like welding equipment, generators, pressurized air systems, and more.
- Builder’s Risk Insurance. Also called Course of Construction (COC) insurance, this policy protects property under construction from damage, theft, vandalism, weather, fire, and other hazards.
- Worker’s Compensation Insurance. Protect yourself and your employees from work injuries with worker’s compensation insurance. Employees of subcontractors who don’t have worker’s compensation insurance can file a claim through your policy, and you should require all subcontractors to have their own worker’s compensation policies.
- Business Auto Insurance. If you use a personal vehicle to drive to work sites, you should protect your vehicle from accidents with business auto insurance. Business auto insurance will cover damage to your vehicle and injuries sustained within your vehicle. Your private car insurance likely won’t cover damage to your vehicle if you were using your car for business purposes at the time of an accident.
Depending on the type of contracting work you do, you may need specialized coverage. Ask your Lee Insurance agent about the recommended coverage options for your industry.
Secure a Reliable Contractors Insurance Plan Now
If you are in need of reliable contractors insurance, turn to Lee Insurance Agency.
We are a Trusted Choice® Agency, meaning that we follow the accredited Pledge of Performance promises for the highest quality customer service in the insurance industry. We offer a range of insurance options, plain-language policies, and experienced local coverage from a team that is always in your corner.
Contact us today at 281-812-8400 for a free contractors insurance quote!